WHO ARE WE?
Juliette and Patrick, a couple in real life, business partners in Fautpasledire.
Seasoned travelers and sharers of experiences. Both working in communication and advertising, we decided to launch this website 4 years ago already!
This website is really a Club. We’d like it be like a big salon where you mingle with friends and share all your great tips and addresses. A Club means, however, that the number of members is limited. You can follow FPLD’s evolution in real time on our Homepage.
Independent and confidential
Very important points!
- This site is not financed by any form of advertising or publicity, which is simply not the case with other sites of this type.
- We will never sell or share any personal information given by our members to anybody.
This can seem surprising in a world where information is often given for free. Our secrets – your secrets – are unique. The same exacting standard you place on yourself is mirrored here in the thousands of secrets proposed on FPLD. This has a value. For the equivalent of 5€ per month (or 2.50€ for a partial membership), you’ll be able to take advantage of these many secrets and unique experiences in one simple click. Our objective is not quantity but quality. If a secret is criticized in a convincing way by another member, it will be eliminated.
Quality and authenticity
FPLD promises to provide its members with the most qualitative and authentic experience possible.
To guarantee this, there is a full-time moderator on the website. The secrets posted are verified, corrected (nobody’s perfect!) and also bilingual (French/English).
To guarantee this quality, our membership is payable.
We could have chosen to feature advertising to make access to our website free.
We chose not to for 3 reasons:
1) That would have clouded our message to members and would have lumped us in with another well-known travel website
2) The similarity between ads and posts would have been tricky – what would you think if you read a post about a fabulous hotel and alongside it was an ad for establishments in the same group? Would that mean that the hotel post is sponsored? Is it, in fact, a cleverly masked publicity? Would that mean that other recommendations are suspicious, too? We don’t want any ambiguity here. All our recommendations are personal and disinterested.
3) The volume of traffic needed to make a site commercially viable is simply not compatible with the quality of our content.
By becoming a member of FPLD you agree to maintain a respectful attitude towards other members.
We are all “gentlemen” and “gentleladies”. You can, of course, comment on other members’ posts and even add to those on which you have an opinion. Don’t hesitate to let us know about posts that seem inappropriate or obsolete. We are ever-watchful, but it’s a challenge to keep pace with constant change!
By furnishing your secrets/recommendations, you promise to only publish those experiences which are less than 6 months’ old, that you have experienced personally, and most importantly, in which you have no direct or indirect personal interest.
In publishing your posts, you promise to use only your own photos, for which you release all rights to FPLD for publication on its site and social media.
You must provide at least one photo for each of your posts, and ideally, several (up to 6, preferably in horizontal format).